What Is UMO?
UMO Design Foundation(Formerly known as UsabilityMatters.org), UMO is a non-profit organization founded in the year 2000, working towards design awareness and exchange of design sensibilities through interaction between designers and design sensitive consumers for over a decade. It is a forum dedicated to discussing, improving and promoting the work of design community.
What We Do?
UMO strives to provoke thinking among our peers, to extend the limits of the accepted boundaries of the prevalent practices and to challenge the mediocre by discussions and deliberations that translate into results for a better environment around us.
We regularly organize events, conferences, provide design education to raise awareness and discuss various issues that relate to the User Experience (UX), Human Centered Design, Emerging Technology & Design, User Research, Interaction Design, Front End Development, Visual Design etc.
Our Program Aims To
- Recognize, facilitate, and bench mark design.
- Take design education to the grass root level and shape great design talent.
- Offer great conferences/workshops/training to our community by bringing in specialist national and international speakers and latest, emerging UX trends.
- Encourage Women in Design
- Bridge the gap between the academia and industry.
- Help govt. in innovative policy making and guide NGOs in driving social impact by design
- Help Startups and Startup eco system with design